Sp., a poetry chapbook (forthcoming from The Operating System, 2017)
The Wild Here and Now (Arboreality Press, 2013)
Outdoors With Kids - Philadelphia (AMC Books, 2013) |
AMC's Best Day Hikes Near Philadelphia (AMC Books, 2010)
Reviews of the book
- No Bad Hikes! When and where to attend my book signings, readings and presentations on hiking in the Philadelphia area as well as hikes I am leading.
Co-editor, Land for Life, a Handbook on Caring for Natural Lands (Natural Lands Trust, 2d ed. 2014). (1st ed. published as Stewardship Handbook for Natural Lands in Southeastern Pennsylvania, 2009).
Business, Nonprofit and Educational Communication
- I do business and nonprofit communications (writing and editing), including grantwriting, reports, newsletters, press releases, catalogs, brochures, educational and marketing materials. See more at Arkosic Associates, LLC.
Selected Poems and Awards
- "I Am Not Who I Am," on What Rough Beast, 21 Feb 2017.
- "Site-Specific Grid," in Denver Quarterly, vol. 51 no. 2 (2017).
- "Giant Steps": in (dis)honor of Dada's 100th anniversary.
- Two poems, in The Wax Paper, Issue Four (2016).
- "The Out Years," in the inaugural (Summer 2016) issue of The Matador Review, nominated for Best of the Net.
- Honorable Mention, 2015 Spoon River Poetry Review Editors' Prize for "There Are Rumors"
- 2 poems in Posit, Issue 8 (2015) (one of which was nominated for Best of the Net).
- 3 poems in Arsenic Lobster Spring 2015.
- "How to Move a Mountain" and "I Stand At Your Gate and I Sing You a Song" in Gargoyle, Issue 62.
- "Hollows" and "To Catch the Ocean in Your Bucket..." in Cleaver Magazine, Issue 6.
- "R&R" in Blue Lake Review, May 2014
- Honorable Mention, 2013 Spoon River Poetry Review Editors' Prize for "Conveyance"
- "But Beautiful" in Paper Nautilus, 2013
- Runnerup, 2013 Gambling the Aisle
- "Wading," in Prick of the Spindle, vol. 7.2 June 2013.
- "Three Conversations", in Apiary 5, December 2012.
- "Pech Merle: Negative Space,"included in "Making Magic: Beauty in Word and Image," exhibit at the Michener Museum of Art, November 3, 2012-March 31, 2013.
- Finalist, Orange Monkey Chapbook Contest, 2012
- "In Her Garden" and "Poets Walk" published in Spring 2012 Schuylkill Valley Journal.
- "Walking Up Buttermilk Falls,"published in Spring 2012 U.S. 1 Worksheets.
- Finalist, Robert Fraser Open Poetry Competition, 2012
- "Stunning Counts," published in July 27, 2011 issue of U.S.1
- "Snowflakes" and "Flower Girl", published in Spring 2011 Schuylkill Valley Journal.
- In the Wawa, published in Fall 2010 Schuylkill Valley Journal, nominated for Pushcart Prize.
- At This Writing
- The Presence of Absence
- For Columbia
News and Features
- Natures Way, column in The Bucks County Herald (2006 to 2011); The Doylestown Patriot (through July 13, 2006)
- The Nature of Bucks, column in The Bucks County Herald (2006-2007)
- The Power of Placement (2007)
- Trees in Space, Bucks County Herald, May 12, 2005
(also see Planting a Tree In My Honor)
- At Home in the Wild: Creating a Backyard Habitat, Bucks County Herald, September 2, 2004 (pt. 1)
- The Lenape and the Irradiator: A Tale of Renewal, Bucks County Herald, November 20, 2003
- On my podcast, "Because Nature Tells Me So," I read from some of my essays and other writings.
- Birdman of Bucks, Pennsylvania Magazine, Jan/Feb 2008
- Liesegang Banding in Tennessee Sandstone, The Tennessee Conservationist, July/August 2006
Information Technology: Beyond the Toolbox, Special Libraries, Fall 1995, p. 265-271. (Winner, 1996 SLA-H.W. Wilson Award for best article published in Special Libraries.)
The Constitutionality of the Intelligence Identities Protection Act, Columbia Law Review, 1983, pp. 727-754.
Editorial Discretion of State Public Broadcasting Licensees, Columbia Law Review, 1982, pp.1161-1182.